The company traces its history back to 2001, when a group of Danish visionary entrepreneurs decided to embark on a challenging journey and set up modern and highly professional pig farms outside their home-country borders.
At that time, Canada presented good market potential and the entrepreneurs have invested part of their savings in acquiring a farm in the province of Manitoba. Thus, Danish Canadian Holding A/S was established as a parent company for the Canadian company.
In 2006, spurred by the great market opportunities offered by the eastern European countries, the company decided to turn its attention to the Romanian market. Near the town of Focsani, about 175 Km north of Bucharest, an abandoned farm complex built during communism was purchased and renovated. With the geographical scope increase, the company’s name was changed to DCH International A/S.
Since then, an intensive growth strategy has followed:
- 2008: Two more farms were acquired, Bowsman in Canada and Consinterfin in Romania
- 2010: North View farm was acquired in Canada
- 2011: Degaro farms – comprising of a two-site farrow-to-finish operation, were bought in Romania, at the shores of the Black Sea
- 2013: Another farm was purchased in Negreni, Olt district, in the south part of Romania
- 2014: Premium Construction changed name to PP Negreni
- 2015: DCH International is out of Canmark Family Farming in Canada
- 2015: Another farm was purchased in Sibiu, in the central part of Romania